I've been pretty sick the past 2 weeks now. Not so fun at all! I'm hoping an end is soon in sight! So I apologize for not being able to get around to all my favorite blogs as much these past few weeks. Hopefully all of you have been able to stay a bit healthier than me and free of illness!
Originally, my goal was to try to drop 30 pounds before the trip. As unrealistic as it sounded, it was a good goal to at least shoot for. Personally, I would love to tell you I have lost the weight entirely from working out, and eating healthy. Part of it was from that, but the last 9 pounds have really all been lost because of being sick. I only hope that when I am feeling back to myself again, I don't go and gain it all back when my appetite returns:) So even though there is a chance the weight will go back up a little, I'm still posting the current weight loss to date. Because there is always a chance it won't go up and I will be able to keep on losing:)
THINGS I AM LOVING RIGHT NOW
I'm just from Utah, so I get to be a little prejudice, right:)
When I received it, I knew it would be an absolutely perfect flight carry-on companion. Additionally, I plan on taking it out with me on the islands so I can keep my hiking and beach equipment with me when I am out exploring!
When I do use it, I enjoy beating my previous day's steps and so on. Sadly it's spent way too many day's sitting on the nightstand the past few weeks, but that will surely be changing soon!
WHAT I LEARNED THIS WEEK
* Did you know Gatorade can be used to clean your toilet?
* In Taiwan garbage trucks drive around blasting music to remind people to quickly come bring out their trash.
* Did you know, more people have visited the moon, than seen the bottom of the ocean?
* Did you know, if you have a fear of spiders, studies show that they will look bigger to you than they will to people who don't have a fear of them?
* Did you know if your an American you are more likely to win a million dollars in a lottery than getting struck my lightning?
* Did you know the & (and) symbol was actually once a letter in the English alphabet?
* How many LIVE chickens do you think the US Postal Service has to mail the week leading up to Easter??? Over 800,000... Seriously!
* Next time you visit NYC, remember that there is a legend that a huge pirate treasure is buried near the Statue of Liberty!
* One of the items found buried with King Tut in his tomb was a board game!
* Schools of Atlantic Herring fish sometimes form fish schools the size of NYC
* Did you know each human body contains a tiny amount of gold? Its true, Google it if you don't believe me!
* Speaking of Google, did you know it was originally called Back Rub!!! Yup!
Last: If you are a runner, and you will let me Spotlight you on my Thursday Runner Spotlights. I am currently looking to fill my March Spotlight Spots.
If you'll let me spotlight you, I would love it if you'd shoot me an email with the subject Runner Spotlight. My email: runawaybridalplanner(at)hotmail(dot)com
You can fill in the @ and the .
(FYI, you can be a runner at any speed or distance to be spotlighted anything from you just took your first few steps out the door, to running every day, or even elite! All runners are welcome in my Spotlights - If you haven't seen them before and want to see more of what I do first you can visit HERE to see past spotlights!!!
So have you learned any weird but true facts that you can help me fill my brain with? Even if you haven't, if you have a fun blog post that myself and others should make sure to stop by and read feel free to join up in the blog link up!