Which is awesome because it means, more time I can spend visiting other blogs! I have a goal, to get most of November's posts created by Mid October... we shall see if that happens:)
Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to take care of a couple of nephews and a niece while their parents are out of town. We had ton's of fun, I love playing with those kids it always makes me feel young again:) We had a slumber party and watched old Disney movies from my childhood, they loved them just as much as I hoped. Apple Dumpling Gang, Blackbeards Ghost... Great times!
Ya, we are totally stretched out and relaxing in our camping trailer and maybe ate too many goodies!
A sweet friend returned from a spur of the moment trip to Paris, and brought me these beautiful coasters. Aren't they pretty! I think this is the first thing I own from Paris:)
OCTOBER GOALS & NUMBERS
Compared to my August numbers, my page views are back on their climb to pre-summer, which I think has helped me achieve a few things this month. You can read about my September stats HERE.
Income earned: $159. Since my goal was $150, I did make it, just barely:) I haven't been working on a whole lot of campaigns, but I do plan to increase this in the coming months.
My October goal: $200.
Twitter: Ended the month with 6,483 followers. My goal was to hit 6,500, so yes I did miss this goal a little. However, I did start the month with barely over 6,000 so overall I find this to be highly successful! Why am I working on twitter? Well Twitter is my #2 source of traffic second to Google. Because of this, it's a no brainier that I should work on growing this!
My October goal: 7,000 followers.
Instagram: I ended the month with 1,461 followers. Since I started the month with 1,306 followers this was a pretty good growth! Even though I did have a goal to hit 1,600. So no, I didn't hit the goal, not even close.
Instagram is something I want to build to obtain some higher revenue advertising opportunities.
For me Instagram is the hardest to grow, but I have been discovering some new things that help so hopefully implementing them more, it will help it's growth.
My October goal: 1,550 followers.
My 3 Top Posts (per page views) in September
Fall into Fitness Giveaway Hop
Runners Etiquette, How to Not Ruin a Race For Others
Funny Questions Runners Ask
Random About Me
It's been a while since I have done one of those, total random facts about me. So today I decided to share a little. I am always completely honest, so ya laugh on some if you have to! I am usually the first to admit, I am occasionally weird and have my "dork" moments.
* I love the 2015 Disney Cinderella movie, I finally got my copy and ya I have watched it twice, it's just so cute!
* I have a goal this month to not spend more than $200 on myself, this includes eating out, clothing, movies, stuff with friends, spend on nieces and nephews. Why? Because lately, I have been spending 5X's that, and lets face it, money would be better spent on trips and vacations!
* I collect key chains from everywhere I visit (I have several hundred displayed.)
But I oddly don't have an actual key chain with my keys, LOL I have a rock climbing hook holding them together instead:)
* I am trying to cut down on how many times I wash my hair. I know dumb, but I was washing it 1-2 times a day before. I can now go 2-3 days thanks to dry shampoo:) I wouldn't be going 3 days if I was working out, LOL promise! On the plus side, as someone who has fine straight hair, after a few days with the dry shampoo, my hair looks super thick and luscious:) LOL
* I went shopping the other day and bought 2 complete outfits for $97. It was the first time I used all those mobile coupons that companies keep sending me in their weekly email blasts. I need to take advantage of those more often!
* I will never leave my home or business if I have to pee, even a little. I once was in a car accident, just before my friends and I left I decided I had to go to the bathroom, but I would just go when I got to the restaurant. After the accident, I had to be strapped down for hours while they determined if my neck was broke, and I had to pee the entire time. It was awful, I don't even remember the pain from the accident, just having to pee, LOL So ya now I never make that mistake before I leave anywhere:)
* If it is, "that time of the month" with the lovely painful "cramps" my girlfriends and I know, it's sort of an unwritten rule, that any of us can cancel plans at the last minute to lay around at home with a heating pad, Pepsi and painkillers instead:) and no one takes any offense to it, because we all, get it!
* I am enjoying Fear The Walking Dead, almost as much as I like The Walking Dead:)
* I no longer have the purple in my hair, I went back to my natural dark brown:) But it was a fun month while it lasted!
* I want to go hang gliding or para gliding. I was watching them fly off the mountain nearby me the other day, and it got me to wondering why I haven't done it yet! It might be too late in the year, but I am really thinking if not this year, next spring!
* I am itching to take a road trip! Sure gas prices here are nowhere near as low as most of the rest of you get. We are still around $2.69, but regardless I want to take a road trip. Now all I have to do is find a way to fit one in:)
* I'm trying to cut out how much Pepsi I am drinking. (I know I go through phases and have said this in the past.) But I have gotten up to 2 a day again, and this is not good! I'd like to get back down to 1 a week!
* At work if people ask me if I watch any reality shows, I will lie and say I don't even if I do:)
* I wear running shoes with dress pants. I know, the shame! My sisters won't be seen around me when I do. But because of the Achilles work injury I have had, it's has been a necessary thing to do. But the oddest thing, it no longer bothers me to do it. (I did buy an all black pair of Asics, not that it makes it any better.)
* I have never ran in one of those cute running skirts yet. But I really want to get one!
* I would love it if someone called me up to go drive race cars around a track or out on the salt flats. I would LOVE to go as fast as they'd let me! That would be an awesome date!
* If I am not in the mood, I will put my phone on silent and leave it that way for an entire day, not bothering to look at it until the next day. I know, not very business great, but that is what voicemail is for right! I should say I don't do this often, but maybe once or twice a month.
However, I am also known for not looking at my phone for 4-6 hours at a time, if I get busy! My friends and family hate that I do that when they want to get a hold of me:)
* I am going harness my sewing skills and attempt a DIY project and make a Mermaid tail for my niece for her birthday in November. It will be one that you can really swim in. So many kids have them, but they are like $120+, and I have discovered I can get the Monofin, and the wetsuit fabric I need for it all for under $35 and I found the pattern/project details on Pinterest, and it looks only moderately hard.
The only problem, I am going to be jealous, and it's going to be hard not to make myself one, LOL They look way fun!
* I had fun watching the Supermoon and Eclipse last Sunday. Here are a few pictures I took, while I was playing around with my camera while watching.
Okay, that is probably enough from me right now.
Tell me something random about you.
Do you set monthly blogging goals for yourself?