Do you have a running bucket list?
I DO, and mine is actually entirely separate from my actual goals I am working on. I think having a running bucket list is a great way to dream a little and who knows maybe those bucket list items may one day turn into a goal!
If you've read my blog a while, you already know I am working on a marathon in all 50 states and D.C. Thankfully 32 of those are in the books. When I can finally get through this years long work injury I fully plan on getting back into it.
However, while I am waiting on that I have a lot of dream bucket list items and so I thought I'd share them. Who knows, maybe some of these will become goals for myself one day too.
* Run a 100 mile Ultra endurance run. I'd prefer to run the Wasatch 100, I hear its one of the toughest since its an all trail race. Something about that just intrigues me to try at least once.
* Run a marathon on all continents. You know if I ever become independently wealthy and can afford it, I would sure love it. Especially hitting up Antartica!
* Run 2 marathons in 2 days. I kinda hope I can pull this off while doing my 50 states goal, but if not then after I finish it, I totally plan on it. Pretty sure I will have to head back east to do it, its too far to travel out west between races to pull it off.
* Run Boston. When I finish my 50 states goal, I would really like to focus all my training one year to gear up for one race to qualify. I think I would use the St. George marathon as the race to try qualifying. It's hilly and a hotter race, but for some reason in the past, all the times I have run it, I have gotten some of my best times at it, so I think it's a good fit for me to use for it.
* Ironman, I just think it would be fun to try one at least once. If I ever did it, I am pretty sure I would pick the one in Hawaii, because it's hello; tough and Hawaii:)
* I'd like to run New York City Marathon, Again. I had such an incredible experience the first time, maybe it wouldn't be the same. But despite the fact that its a crazy expensive trip, I think if I had the chance I would love to run it again!
* Run the Great Wall of China Marathon, no idea why although I am sure it would be beautiful. This one just stuck out to me the first time I heard about it and would love to give it a try.
* Pikes Peak Marathon. I once had a guy describe this race perfectly to a lady while we were running the Myrtle Beach Marathon. He said, "it's a pretty easy race, there is only 1 hill the first half, and the 2nd half is all downhill".
I got a great laugh. I think I would love to do this just to see how tough I am, but before I do it I'd like to make sure I train well enough to finish around 4 hours, because longer would be such a massive beating on the body, well more than it will be already:)
* I'd like to run a race with all my sisters (4 of us). I know this sounds funny, and I have run half's my youngest sis before. (We are all runners.) But oddly, we never plan races together. So it would be fun to pick a half marathon or marathon and all run it.
Not run together as a group of course, that would be annoying for the faster ones to slow down for the slower ones (we are all different speeds). But it would be fun to do the same race on the same day. Maybe one day...
Or if not that, it would be fun to all enter a Ragnar together, and all their husbands as well as the older kids on one big team... But knowing my family we would all want to run double and skip 12 members for 6 members for the 200 miles and see how tough we are. That would be fun!
I am sure I could have a dozen others, but that is my list that has pretty much always come to my mind when I think of running bucket items.
Tell me what is something on your Running Bucket List?