Before I get buried in things to do tomorrow as I begin the huge major changes I am taking with my new life path. I wanted to share with you a few tidbits of my past few weeks.
* I've let life get too busy and take over. For the first time in marathon training ever I've let life take precedence. So can I be ready in a month and a half? Unlikely, but I know myself well enough to never say never!
* Living in the 2nd to driest state in the country, summer means wildfire season. Several days this year heading out for a run it was like running through a campfire, very smoky running days, meant less run days. Which didn't help!
SOME BAD LUCK
* Up camping late at night staring up at the milky way in the sky, forgot we had to tie ropes out further to keep the tent from blowing over during the heat wind storms. and fell and bruised up my hip and top of my foot. Was pulling those poky weeds out of my PJ's while my niece and sister just laughed their heads off at me. Gave a new meaning to lost in thought star gazing!
* A few days later. I was in a friends yard at night and got 10 spider bites. Yes you read that right 10 spider bites. 2 on my (other) foot, 2 on my thigh, 2 on my hip, 3 on my hand and 1 on my arm.
I wanted to rip my skin off for a week, but I managed to not to.. Still not sure how!
* We had our first family pictures in over 25 years. My sister hired her friend who told her she was a professional photographer. (We broke rule #1 right there.)
It was horrid, in short the photographer looked like she just rolled out of bed, brought her kids, didn't bring a charged battery or spare. Then we got her a really nice expensive camera loaned from a family member and she put it on auto mode. Found out the next day she forgot to save the pictures to the card. She recovered some but they were terribly blurry. She pretended to photoshop them using one of those free apps, made them look worse. There were a few other terrible things she did too, it was so unbelievable. They are all worthless.
Myself and my sisters took pictures on our cell phones of the kids that turned out 100% better than any that we paid a fake photographer to do..... Horrid experience, lesson learned.
* My 3rd to last day of work. I apparently won employee of the month. Of course since I was leaving they didn't tell me about the early morning meeting so I wasn't there to hear about it.
But I caught on a while later when people kept coming up to congratulate me. It was very nice of them to give this to me, even though I was leaving them in a few days. Even nicer will be the bonus I was told will be in my final paycheck.
* Speaking of leaving my job. I can't tell you how fabulous they were about it. Everyone treated me so amazing. They were all so supportive of the new adventure I am taking.
* I still haven't quit the library, note to self I need to do that tomorrow!
* Boating with the family at Flaming Gorge. It's such a beautiful place as you can see below.
* In addition to the beautiful scenery at Flaming Gorge, we were blessed one night with this sunset. No filter was added, this is really how it looked. Of course the brilliant colors were due to a huge wildfire and a lot of smoke in the air. Funny how bad things like wildfires can make for such beautiful sunsets.
* Lot's of SUP and Kayaking this summer. Sun and fun! I love my paddleboard, but now I need my own kayak I forgot how much I love it too!
*I've seen a lot of beautiful wildlife this summer while in the outdoors.
* Had a bear pass by my tent the other night, literally just a few feet away. No I don't have a picture, it was the middle of the night. Didn't wake the kids to show them because I was afraid they might not go to sleep after.
* Hiking with friends and family, I can't get enough hiking. The higher elevations right now are just blooming in a decent array of wildflowers despite this very dry summer.
* Camping with my nieces and nephews this summer, great times at night around 10,000 feet in elevation. We got to have clear views of the meteor shower, which was amazing. While we bundled up and sat around a campfire trying to keep warm.
* Of course days in higher elevations are awesome, just two days ago the high was only 60. It was perfect to escape the valley's heat and relax in some cool.
* Fun times on our family campout this year, even if I could only be there part of the week!
PROCRASTINATION AT ITS BEST
* I move in 3 days, and I haven't started packing or preparing at all. I've been too busy and haven't gotten around to it. Instead I went camping and just returned.
* If your wondering why I am moving, and what I am doing you can check out MY NEW LIFE ADVENTURE HERE and read about it.
* I only just found out my new apartment will be ready for me. I haven't bought a single thing for it as I am leaving almost all my furniture and stuff here in Salt Lake, since I will only be gone 2 years I am hoping I can just buy things there.
* I am going to miss my family and all my amazing nieces and nephews so much! I have an awesome family, my sisters and I are best friends. If this new adventure wasn't going to be so worth it in the end, I don't think I would be able to leave them.
They have promised to visit often, they better!
Yup, so that is a bit of my last three weeks and the pictures that go with them. It's been fun, but crazy busy too. Best news is, the bee sting and spider bits have almost all but stop itching, that's a miracle in itself I thought it would never end, LOL
I've really got to get things going. So first thing this morning I am going to go for a run. (Haven't had a morning run in way too long), then a little target shooting and after that I MUST get going on the packing bit. Because come evening I promised a few other nephews and nice I would go sleepover at their house.
Yup, if I don't get my act together I will probably be down there with literally not much more than the clothes on my back, LOL LOL Good thing I work well under pressure!
I am linking up with HoHo Runs and MissSippiPiddlin today for their Weekly Wrap!